Apply for Residential Service


If you are moving into a residence that already has electricity, you need to apply for service in person at the Northern Wasco County PUD office at 2345 River Road in The Dalles. Signed applications shall be required for all new customers. Applicants for service shall provide the District with the following information at the time each account is opened: full name and spouse’s name; service address; date of responsibility; picture ID; Social Security number; date of birth; employer; daytime telephone number; name, address and phone number of personal reference; and any other additional information necessary to open an account for service. Our office hours are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. If you have questions or need additional information, please give us a call at 296-2226.

Click here to download the PDF Document IconApplication for Service


Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software to read pdf files. Download free software here - Acrobat Reader

Documents will open in a new browser window.


There shall be a non-refundable account processing charge on all service applications, including landlord/owner or property manager request for service without a landlord agreement (see Section 7). The account processing charge shall not be charged when marital status changes due to death, marriage or divorce, and the address does not change.

When a new customer opens a new account you will need to provide the District with one of these three options:

  1. Pay a Service Deposit (See Section 9A of the Customer Service Policy)
  2. Provide the District with a “Letter of Credit” from another electric or gas utility (See Section 8B of the Customer Service Policy)
  3. Co-Signer (See section 8C of the Customer Service Policy)

When an established or previous customer opens a new account, the credit history and rating (see Section 8.A) will be transferred to the new account. In the event the customer has a delinquent account balance, the service at the new location will be denied until arrangements, acceptable to the District, have been made.