Request an Audit

Who should apply?
If you have a home that is electrically heated with baseboards, wall units, forced-air furnace or heat pump, then your home is eligible to participate in the weatherization program.

What does the weatherization program cover?
At your request, we will visit your home and do a free energy audit that looks at the attic space, walls, floors, crawlspace, duct work, and windows. We then recommend where you need to do work to bring the home up to today’s insulation code, and what rebates are available. Only existing electrically heated homes qualify for the rebate program.  
If you are adding rooms, gutting and remodeling, or planning new construction, then the rebates won’t cover these activities.  The rebates are based on the recommended items at the time of the audit. Anything done before the audit won’t get a rebate.

The first step is to fill out an application for the residential energy audit, sign it, and mail it back to us or drop it by the office
Click on the link above for the application

After the audit is complete, we will give you recommendations based on the highest energy savings. For example, an attic insulated to R-11 would lose more heat than a floor that isn’t insulated or a home with single pane windows. For this reason, we won’t pay on just windows if the home has major areas that aren’t up to the insulation code.

The rebates available beginning January 1, 2017 are:

Attic insulation increased to minimum R-38 = $0.75 / Sq Ft.

Exterior Wall and Kneewall insulation increased to minimum R-11 = $1.25 / Sq Ft.

Floor insulation increased to minimum R-19 = $0.75 / Sq Ft.

Duct Sealing in a Site-Built home = $350.00

Duct Sealing in a Manufactured home = $300.00

Window replacements that are rated at

    .30 U-Value or LOWER = $6.00 / Sq Ft.
Door replacemens that are Energy-Star approved:

    pre-hung, with new threshold = $75.00 each

Rebates can't exceed 80% of the costs per measure, and invoices are required with rebate submission.

Please contact Lance or Travis at the PUD before you start any weatherization projects at your home if you are interested in qualifying for our weatherization rebate program.